The Fields is a suspense psychological thriller film written by Harrison Smith that is based on true events. Starring Oscar winner Cloris Leachman and box office icon Tara Reid, the film tells the story of a young boy and his family who are terrorized by an unseen presence. It was released on September 24, 2011.
A young boy goes to live with his grandparents while his mother and father fight to save their failing marriage, and makes a horrifying discovery in the cornfield behind their house during the Manson Family trials. Warned by his grandmother to stay away from the fields, young Steven nevertheless strays into the stalks and sees something he will never forget. Meanwhile, as the nightly newscasts offer all the lurid details of the Manson murders, something begins to stir in the corn field. By the time the family dogs disappear and the threat becomes real, it's already too late to run, and Steven must face his greatest fear head on.
- Cloris Leachman as Gladys
- Tara Reid as Bonnie
- Joshua Ormond as Steven
- Faust Checho as Barry
- Bev Appleton as Hiney
- Louis Morabito as Eugene / Ringmaster
- Karen Ludwig as Tootie
- Brian Anthony Wilson as Charlie
- Suzanne Inman as Grace
- Tom McCarthy as Grandpa Ray
- Susan Moses as Miriam
- Renee McCartney as Sue
- Jane Tarica as Cousin Mary
- Ross Beshear as Cousin Ronnie
- Christopher Van Jura as Cousin Lloyd
- The Fields is based on the real life events that happened to Smith on his grandparents' farm in the fall of 1973.
- Smith sent this script to Jack Nicholson. Nicholson's agent contacted him back and said "You know that Jack gets $5,000,000 just to read the script, right?" Harrison replied "No I didn't. Thanks, but I think we are good".