Camp Dread, formerly known as Dead.tv, is an 80s-style slasher film written by Harrison Smith. Starring Oscar nominee Eric Roberts and horror icon Danielle Harris, the film tells the story of a former horror movie director who stages a film comeback with a reality show that becomes much too real. It was released on April 15, 2014.
The "Summer Camp" horror trilogy was one of the most popular franchises of the 1980s. However, the decade ended and so did director/writer Julian Barrett's career. Now Barrett has a plan to resurrect "Summer Camp" in a modern reboot that entails using a reality show as its template and source of fundraising. Should it succeed Barrett would once again be at the helm. Bringing together an eclectic group of young "contestants" as well as his former stars Rachel Steele and John Hill, Barrett seems to have put together a sure fire recipe for success. Then people start dying. For real. And "elimination" takes on a whole new meaning as "Camp Dread" clearly shows the slasher film has grown up.
- Eric Roberts as Julian Barrett
- Danielle Harris as Sheriff Donlyn
- Felissa Rose as Rachel Steele
- Joe Raffa as Novak
- Montana Marks as Katie
- Davy Raphaely as Vinny
- Gnomi Gre as Missy
- Alexander Mandell as Matty
- Ashley Sumner as Sarah
- Angel Anthony Marrero as Calvin
- Nicole Cinaglia as Adrienne
- Kyle Patrick Brennan as Jerry
- Angel R. Sanchez II as Ming
- Brian Gallagher as John Hill
- Tommy Sztubinski as Michael
- Susan Moses as Myrna
- Camp Dread was shot at a real summer camp in the Poconos of Pennsylvania.
- The summer camp that this was filmed at is actually for disabled children.
- Danielle Harris' character Sheriff Donlyn mentions twice in the movie how she doesn't watch horror movies, which is ironic since in real life she has starred in several horror films and is a scream queen.